Monday, July 27, 2009

A great weekend, and a new week

So this weekend was LONG. I worked 9-5 Friday and Saturday and then had to close last night. But it could be worse, I could hate my job. Saturday was really nice though. Little man spent the night with my in-laws so that hubby and I could have a date night. Shopping, dinner, and the new Harry Potter. SO much fun. It's been forever (at least it feels that way) since I went through all the feminine rituals of getting ready for a date. Even the times that we've had someone watch Little Man so we could go out, it was usually pretty low key, and certainly no primping was involved. But it was nice, to change that. And I REALLY enjoyed the movie. I've always loved the Harry Potter movies, but really, it seems that each one is better than the one before it.
I spent most of today digging my way out of laundry. Working 5 days straight, and running errands, and having dates when I wasn't working, put me extremely behind. But I'm just about all caught up now. All that's left is folding the towels that are currently fluffing in the dryer after drying on the line and then ironing hubby's work clothes after the munchkin goes to sleep tonight. He still stays to hyper for me to feel comfortable having a hot iron with him running underfoot.
We had a potty training debacle early this morning. The best I can piece together, since I didn't witness the event, is that he tried to make it to the potty and didn't get there in time, and then tried to clean up the mess by himself, resulting in an even bigger mess for me to clean, and an early morning bath for him. Fun times. But I couldn't bring myself to get frustrated, he had tried so hard, and was quite proud of himself for trying. Perhaps we'll have better luck next time.
Then while he napped, I got some work done on the bedspread and watched He's Just Not That Into You. I thought it was a pretty cute movie, nothing spectacular, but cute. And with all that being said, it's time for me to start getting ready for dinner; fried chicken, rice, mac and cheese, and fries - it's so much fun having a family where everyone prefers different side dishes. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment