Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sitting at home.

Sitting at my computer desk at home. It feels so good to have my own home again. And all my things. Hubby has started his new job, and we're starting to settle in to a routine again. I've pulled out my big notebook (courtesy of FlyLady), and started blessing my home and my family every day. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit, and nothing is more comforting to me than routine.
This morning has been full of chores, making breakfast and now lunch for my little man, and, most recently, hanging a load of laundry on the clothes line. It makes me so happy to have a clothes line, at last. I've wanted one for so long. To my mind, there's nothing quite like line dried clothes (or sheets especially), and I love being able to do something so simple to save my family money, and save energy that the dryer would otherwise be using.
But with all that, today is my last day off this week, and I'm looking to relax and enjoy it some too. As soon as little man goes down for his nap, I plan on doing some work on my new bedspread. It's such a large project that it's slow going. And I plan on getting back to work on some new stock here soon. I'm going to keep working on the bathroom items, and hope to try out some new patterns for that line as well. I'm also busy planning other items I can make for my new house as well; more bedspreads, tablecloths, placemats, rugs, the list goes on and on.

I'm hoping I'll luck up and get to watch some more True Blood here soon. I've gotten sucked into the show since I rented the first two discs of season 1 from work. But now I've watched both of those, and am trying to get my hands on disc 3 to see what happens next. Unfortunately, we only received one copy of each disc, and it's difficult to get your hands on one. Oh well, we have our movies to watch in the meantime.

Little man has been doing very well with potty training. I've been using my trusty kitchen timer (courtesy of FlyLady again), and we've made it up to going every 35 minutes. Yeah! He still struggles with telling me that he has to go, I have to stay on top of it, but he'll get there.

So that's pretty much been the past couple of days around here. Now it's time for me to do some pattern research while the munchkin finishes his lunch. And then settle in to relax while he naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment