Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why I've been MIA

So I know I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth lately. I promise that I haven't. And I have been busy working. I've spent most of the minimal time off that I've had working on my bedspread, but I have finished another item for my shop. As soon as I figure out where the digital camera is, I'll be posting pictures. (One of the many joys of marrying home life and business - when family uses things you need and then you can't find them. LOL.) I've also started work on a new piece that I hope to have finished in time for the "It's Fall Ya'll" Sale that my Etsy Team will be hosting from October 9-11. It'll be the first sale that I've taken part in and I'm very excited about it. The piece I'm working on is a perfect holiday piece. I have another in mind for once I finish this one, but we'll see about it when the time comes.

On the personal front, I'm exhausted. My store is officially in the close out phase. We've been there for about 3 weeks and have 2 weeks left. I just finished a run of 9 consecutive shifts. I found out that I will be transferring to another store once mine is finished, so I won't be unemployed just before the holidays - thank God. But that's of course assuming that I survive closing this store.

Unfortunately, little man hasn't been to thrilled about all the extra hours, but I finally have a day off tomorrow and have promised that him and I will spend the whole day together. But for now, I'm going to grab my most recent project, and settle in to work while I watch Bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment