Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring is HERE

You know I do try to write more often, but I just never seem to get around to it. Maybe one day I'll remember to make more time for blogging. Life has been full of many ups and downs lately. I found out last week that a sorority sister had passed away - reminding me that life is often too short, and to not let each day go to waste. And then through some unfortunate circumstances, I lost two of my co-workers - two of my friends. One resigned and one was let go. So, needless to say, it was a fairly emotional week. My store is so small that we develop these friendships and we become pretty close to each other. At least that's how I felt. One of the girls will no longer speak to me. But I shouldn't take it personally I suppose - she's not talking to anyone from BBV anymore. I spent almost all of last week crying between all the things that happened. It was unreal. I know how my mom talked about getting sick and wrung out when her company was going through lay offs, and how emotionally taxing it all was, but I didn't think I'd ever have to go through something like that. BB isn't a big company to just walk in and lay off ten people any given day - we don't even have 10 people on staff right now. But that's how it was. I went to sleep crying and woke up crying. It was insane. But I started doing better over the weekend. All I can do now is praise God that I still have my job, and pray that my friends find something soon.

On the family front - Little man has finally decided to be done with diapers. A few weeks ago I decided to cut out juice in an attempt to make it easier for him to tell when he needed to go - but I caved one morning while I was on the phone with Grandma and he was crying for a juice box. As soon as he finished his juice, he went and hid and used the bathroom in his pants. As the day wore on and I thought about it more, I decided to try another tactic. I gave him another juice with his dinner and took him straight to the bathroom as soon as he finished drinking it. He hasn't had an accident since. It's amazing to me that after all the fussing and fighting, it was that simple. But that's my little boy for you.

In other news, I'm just about finished up with the baby blanket I'm working on. And have a custom order through etsy to knock out after that - thank you SC. This particular blanket has to be one of my new favorite patterns. I can't wait to get it photographed and listed. I have a feeling it's going to be very popular. I am struggling to decide on a price for this one. A lot of yarn, and a lot of detail went into this one, so I want to charge a little more than I have been for baby blankets, but don't want to end up going too high. I just have to keep turning it around in my head. I'll figure it out when it's time to list it. I'm also going to try taking the photos for this one outside. I'm so unhappy with my listing photos, and really need to figure out my lighting issues. But we'll see how it goes.

For now, I think I'm going to get some laundry going and try to knock out the border on the blanket. Have a good one everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment