Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chillin out

So I think I'm settling in at work. I'm learning A LOT, and I'm starting to find a rhythm with all the people there. This was my first Saturday really working the register and everything. All the adoption pets were there which made for an interesting (and loud) day. I think that's one of the hardest parts of the job. Seeing all those animals and not being able to take them home.

There's a particular pom-sheltie mix that's up for adoption. He's with a foster family right now. He's been adopted out three times since the rescue group got him (so 4 owners all together). It seems everyone keeps returning him because he's hyper. I can't understand why anyone would take a pom if they wanted a relaxed dog. Poms are hyper by nature. It just drives me crazy. But he's got an awesome foster family, and all I can do is hope a permanent solution comes along for the little guy soon.

On the personal front, I got my son's Pre-K packet in mail yesterday. That made for an emotional night. I can't believe he's getting ready to start school. I miss my little baby boy that would fall asleep in my arms. It's so bittersweet for me. Of course, hubby is thrilled at the prospect. I'm sure after a week or two, I'll find my rhythm with it, but right now, it's a little overwhelming for me. And seriously, when did Pre-K become an all day affair? He's going to be going from 8-3:30 every day! I could've sworn that my Pre-K days were half days. Maybe I'm wrong though. Who knows.

In addition to all that, I had a Dr appointment this week. It seems that I'm beginning to develop high blood pressure. So I have to start taking low dose water pills and start making some dietary changes to see if we can bring that back in line. Of course, hubby is all "I told you so" about the way I eat, but that's okay. It's just because he loves me and is looking out for me.

For now, I'm going to clean up from dinner, and get little man ready for bed, and hopefully get in some stitching. I've been a bit too busy the last few days to get much of anything done.

1 comment:

  1. I have a full Pom named Zoey and she is a mess! LOL! I can't stand when people are like that either. I use to work at Petsmart and the kitty adoption area always drove me mad. One cat in particular was adopted and then brought back the next day and he had been there the longest. So I adopted him. The next day three people came to get him but he's mine now.

    As for pre-k. My baby sister just finished pre-k and yes it's all day. It just seems like extended day care. But for some it's a chance to get ahead in their skills.

    ReplyDelete