Sunday, July 25, 2010

This week's question

The question posed by me Etsy group this week - Which song most resembles you or your life? Why and how?

This is such a difficult question for me to answer. Those that know me personally know that I was very involved in band throughout my school years. Music is vital to me, and ever changing at that. The song that resembles me now will be completely different an hour from now.

I think at this exact moment, the song that defines my life is a country song that came out a few years ago.

The song is called Ready, Set, Don't Go. Written by Billy Ray Cyrus, and - in this video - performed by him and his daughter Miley Cyrus. In an interview Billy Ray spoke about teaching his daughter to ride a bicycle and how he'd tell her "get ready, get set, go" as he let go of the seat of the bicycle. But as she got older and got ready to embark on her journey as an artist and an actress, all he could think was "don't go". While it's not nearly as dramatic, with my only son preparing to go to school, I feel the same way. He's ready - he's excited about school and can't wait to go, but I'm not ready. The little baby that I brought home from the hospital, grows a little more every day, right in front of my eyes. So I guess that would be the song I would choose to answer our question. Watch the video and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment