Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A lot going on

So we went to look at a house today. I'm feeling really good about this one. It's "off-base housing". It's like an apartment complex, but they're houses, and they cater to active duty military, and base contractors/GS employees. A gated community which Brian loves, but I'm less than thrilled about having to let people in whenever we have company, but whatever. And the "master bathroom" is a joke. It's just a sink, toilet, and stand up shower, with the full bath being the "second bathroom". But it's only for a short time until we feel a little more ready to buy, and I'm so desperate for my own place at this point it's not even funny. I love my in-laws and I can never repay the kindness they've shown us this past year, but I'm a solitary creature, and I really need my own space. 
Brian has his interview with LF tomorrow, and that should seal the deal. In my perfect world, he'll find out that he has the job, be able to fill out and drop off the application tomorrow, and we could be moving in by the 4th of July. But we'll just have to wait and see what God has planned. But I don't feel the least bit guilty hoping that His plan meets up with my wants this time around. 
I've got some more work on stock done today, but not as much as I would've liked. Just one of those days. I don't think it would bother me so much if not for the fact that I have to work all day tomorrow and then rush home and rush back out to make it to church on time, leaving little to no time to get any work done for myself, but that's just the way life is. I cringe at the thought of having to go "on vacation" with my store so soon after starting, but it's a small price to pay for moving right about now. And it'll only be for a few days while we unpack and wait for our internet to be hooked up. Hopefully it won't hurt me too bad. 
But now I need to try to block out all these thoughts and get some sleep before an incredibly long day tomorrow. Wish me luck with that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment