Friday, June 19, 2009

Shopping and sleep strikes

So I finally got a day off from BBV. Hopefully, the visit from the DM went well today. I haven't heard from anyone so I'm not sure. Lord knows I busted my butt trying to get ready for it, but I just don't know that it was enough. Oh well.
I was thrilled to have a chance to be able to speak to my grandmother today. They're doing well. Unfortunately, Grandpa will be getting laid off from his part time job in a few weeks. It doesn't hurt them much. It gave them some fun money, and gave Grandpa an excuse to get out of the house some. But it still makes me said. The golf course that he's been working at is state run, and the current economy is hitting Georgia pretty hard, so they're cutting expenses wherever they can. But we're still blessed. We have homes and food and family. Those are the most important things.
Hubby heard about an interview for the new company this week. He has an interview with the new group on Wednesday. Which is mostly frustrating on the front that we still don't know if it's going to be the new company or the old company that's going to be working there in the first place. The world of government contracting is a messed up place. But they don't have too much longer to get it straightened out. Hubby's job is only guaranteed through the 26th. So they better get on the ball.
I finally finished my personal project, and it felt so good to get back to work on my stock. I've already finished another item, and can't wait to get it posted. And this morning I was able to get in and finish stocking up on my yarn during the amazing yarn sell. So here's a preview of what's to come.

So be sure to keep a look out for some of the awesome color combinations I'm going to have coming up. As for me, I'm going to finish up a few more things before falling into bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment