Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What a day

Unfortunately, I had to work at the real job all day today. Don't get me wrong, I like my job as much as anyone that works in mass retail can, but it was supposed to be my day off. However our district manager, T, will be in on Friday, and it's imperative that we pass this visit. Our location will be closing in a few months, and the long and short of it is that we have to prove that we're better that employees at other locations in hopes of getting their jobs when our store closes. It's nice how much big businesses care about their employees. Of course, my personal hope is that by the time our store closes we'll be in a financial position as a family that my income will no longer be necessary, but in the meantime, I'll just keep praying that God's will be done, and do my 100% best for BBV.

Then, after all that was done, it was time to rush home, throw some clothes on me and little man, and then off to church. Which I thoroughly enjoyed tonight; but then I usually do. Being Wednesday, it was my night for Bible study, in which we talked about tithes and offerings. Very interesting stuff, and I learned some new things tonight. Little man had a blast playing with his friends, and (as we usually do after church) we treated ourselves to dinner on the way home. Nothing better than a burger and fries after a long and fulfilling day.

I wish I could say that we'd had a successful day potty training as well. However, in my absence, little man decided he didn't feel like using the potty and wound up spending the better part of the day in pull ups. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. 

I'm still devoting as much time as possible to finishing up my personal project so that I can get back to stocking my store. Of course it wouldn't be taking me this long if I didn't have to give up my day off today, and switch my 5 hour shift tomorrow night for a 9 hour one tomorrow opening the store, but that's more suited to a rant instead of a blog. At any rate I hope to be back to work on my stock no later than Friday night. And I'm still VERY excited about getting back by my favorite craft store to finish stocking up on my yarn while it's on sale. Keep checking back for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment